Pickett Heating & Air Offers Air Duct Cleaning
At Pickett Heating & Air, we aren’t only trying to help solve your air conditioning problems; our overall goal is to help keep you and your family safe and comfortable indoors.
While we already offer a plethora of successful and safe indoor air quality products, we have finally invested in a duct cleaning system that we truly believe will offer another solution to our customers’ concerns.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Over half of all Americans are unaware that poor Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is one of the top five most urgent environmental risks to public health. The problem is, Americans spend 90% of their day indoors!
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you should consider having the air ducts in your home cleaned if:
- There is substantial visible mold growth inside hard surface (e.g., sheet metal) ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- Ducts are infested with rodents or insects.
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are released into the home from your supply registers.
Bacterial growth, pollen, smoke, dust and dander all play a negative role in indoor air quality and safety. Some issues that can develop due to mediocre air quality include but are not limited to:
- Lung Disease
- Increased medical or prescription bills
INDICATIONS OF IAQ PROBLEMS IN A HOME
Many indoor air quality problems the homeowner can detect themselves. If one or more of these indicators are noticed, it is best to call a professional to test the air. A few problems you may see include:
- Excessive dust
- “Stuffy” rooms
- Some rooms feel hot or cold when the rest of the house feels comfortable
- Moisture on window panes
- A mildew (musty) smell in your home
- Family members often sneeze, feel lethargic, or have dry skin
- In-room air cleaners are in use in the home
- Air fresheners or scented candles are used to improve the smell in the home
HOW CAN PICKETT HELP?
Pickett Heating & Air offers air analyzation reports to double-check any concerns you may have about your home’s air quality. These tests can be run during your annual preventative maintenance service or at your request.
If any of the conditions identified above exists, it usually suggests one or more underlying causes. Prior to any cleaning, retrofitting, or replacing of your ducts, the cause or causes must be corrected, or else the problem will likely recur.
Don’t waste another minute concerned about your health at home.
January 23, 2017