How to Improve the Air Quality in Your Home
Whether you are looking for fresher air inside, trying to find a solution for allergies, or if you are just simply more aware of air quality and the bugs carried in the particles around us, Pickett Heating and Air can help you improve your air quality. Here are a few steps you can tackle yourself! Some of which, our expert staff will be happy to help you with.
1. Change your filter. The filter on our air conditioning system does a great job catching a lot of particles as the air circulates through our home. However, it needs to be changed on a regular basis. Not only will this help clean up your air, but it will help your HVAC system run more efficiently.
2. Change your filters. This isn’t a repeat of the point above, instead it is a reminder that we have a number of filters throughout our home that can help improve our air quality. Your vacuum, clothes dryer, vents in your kitchen, and vents in your bathroom all need to be cleaned and checked regularly.
3. Clean your upholstery. Our couches, rugs, carpets, and window coverings can all hold onto a lot of pollutants and allergies that cause issues with our breathing. By cleaning these regularly, you can get rid of the fibers these particles like to hide in.
4. Embrace the humidity. While we may grumble at the extra moisture in the air, balancing the humidity in your home is important. While you may not want to live inside an indoor rainforest, having a humidifier can make your home or business more comfortable. Some find that indoor plants can help with this as well.
5. Check your ducts. This is a task that Pickett Heating and Air can help with. By looking over your entire HVAC system, we will have a better idea of what needs to be cleaned, repaired, or replaced. Sometimes duct work gets loose allowing for extra pollutants to circulate into your air. Other times, duct work needs to be cleaned of dust and, possibly, mold and mildew.
6. Indoor air quality testing. Pickett Heating and Air offers IAQ testing to allow you to understand if your home and business has an issue with the indoor air causing your breathing issues or if there may be an outside concern that you need to address separately.
7. Bacteria fog treatment. For some families, it would be best for Pickett Heating and Air to address their concerns with an additional treatment. By working with our team, we will eliminate the bacteria that is causing issues in your home or business.
To look into booking an indoor air quality testing or to get initial information about our duct inspection in the Harris County area, contact us today. Our Pickett Heating and Air team is ready to boost your comfort in your home or office space. Members of our VIP Club get regular HVAC tune ups and there is never an overtime charge on holidays, weekends, or after hours.
September 14, 2021